How to Apply
Thank you again for your interest in employment at Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI). We want to be sure you are supported and know the appropriate steps to apply for our open jobs, so please read below for guidance if needed.
By clicking on the “Career Opportunities” button at the top of the page or by selecting the appropriate job category from the main WHOI careers page, you will navigate to our job listings page where you can search for the job you are interested in.
1. After searching or reviewing the job listings, please select the hyperlinked job name to which you are interested in applying.
2. Please read through the job description to make sure your skills and experience match what is being sought
3. If you have previously applied and remember your username and password, select the link for “Log back in!” so the system recognizes you and pulls up previous application submissions
4. If interested in submitting an application, click the button for “Apply for this job online”
5. If you haven’t applied before, enter your email address on the next screen and hit next
6. You will now be in the application workflow where you should follow all onscreen prompts including adding resumes and cover letter, creating a login, and answering other questions related to your application for employment
Once you have completed the application process, you should receive an email confirmation of your submission. Our Recruiters and Hiring Managers will be actively reviewing applications and will reach out to you should they deem your qualifications to be a fit with that of their needs.
Any computer with an internet connection can be used to apply for jobs at WHOI. If you do not own a computer, most local libraries offer public access to computers. In addition, the WHOI Human Resources Office has a computer on site which you can use.